WGGB’s 2021 Charity Tournament Raises $130,000
Women Golfers Give Back is thrilled to report that between our June 2021 tournament, online auction, raffle and generous donations, we raised a record $130,000 to support girls golf programs. Thank you to all our sponsors and supporters for making this another successful year for WGGB and our grantees!
The day started with a clinic for our younger grantees with LPGA and PGA pros, and a 9-hole competition for our older grantees. See photos of the girls in action and 9-hole tournament winners on the WGGB Facebook page.
After lunch and a brief rain delay, 21 foursomes of WGGB sponsors and supporters completed a one best-ball tournament followed by cocktails and dinner. Our LPGA friend Val Skinner graced us with her presence and beautiful swing on the par-3 hole #9. Thank you to Whitemarsh Valley Country Club for hosting us again this year, ensuring a safe and fun environment for all.
Stay tuned for details on our 2022 tournament!
Congratulations to the Winners:
- Net Results
1st Place: Gary Brown, David Walbrandt, Lisa Perry, Megan McLaughlin
2nd Place (tie): Linda Gamble, Kathy Early, Cathy Dolan, Christi Marks
2nd Place (tie): David Hollander, Charley Dolan, Carl Gordinier, Damon Slepian
- Gross Results
1st Place: Mike Petro, Steve Thorne, Tom Holden, Robert Kleckner
2nd Place: Mike Zisman, Rob Bierregard, George Marks, Roger Early
- Skill Prizes
Longest Drive: Steve Thorne / Maria Crowe
Closest to the Pin: Amish Desai / Valerie Jester
Putting Contest: Stevie Thompson
- 2021 Raffle:
$10,000 Grand Prize: Shannon Eldridge
$750 Second Prize: Robin Bernstein
$250 Third Prize: M. Curtis Young
Thank You to our 2021 Sponsors:
- Lead Sponsor: Bryn Mawr Trust
- Live Scoring Sponsor: Zisman Family Foundation
- Dinner Sponsor: Grant Thornton
- Lunch Sponsor: Penn Mutual
- Hole Sponsors: Alexandra and Tom Frazier, Alta and Peter Hamilton, Owens & Dowling, Stevie and Chris Thompson, The Haverford Trust Company, Independence Blue Cross, Univest Financial
- Tee Sponsors: The Hollander Family, The Clough Family, Wendy and Mark Kennedy, GSL & Associates at Merrill Lynch, PGA Reach, Dunleavy & Associates
- Non-Playing Hole Sponsors: Diversified Search, Goddard Systems, Stoney Bank Nurseries, Wawa
- Individual Playing Sponsors: Liz Greco-Rocks, Hon. M. Joseph Rocks, KPMG, Janney Montgomery Scott
- Hole-in-One Sponsor: Mercedes-Benz