WGGB’s 2020 Golf Tournament Raises $122,000
We are delighted to share that with wonderful sponsorship commitments and the support of our golfing friends we were able to have a fun and successful tournament in September 2020, despite the odds. Between the tournament, online silent auction, raffle and generous donations, we raised an incredible $122,000 to support girls golf programs in our region.
Bryn Mawr Trust was our Lead Sponsor, The Zisman Family Foundation served as the Scoreboard Sponsor and Univest was our Lunch Sponsor. All together, we had nine Hole Sponsors and fourteen other sponsorships. We thank every one of our sponsors for their support!
Eighty-four golfers took to the links and were able to complete a nine-hole, one best-ball tournament before the skies opened up and the rain chased us off the course. Our LPGA friend Val Skinner graced us with her beautiful swing on the par-3 hole #9. Whitemarsh Valley Country Club’s golf and house staff did terrific job of scoring the shortened event and providing lunch, cocktails and dinner for our slightly damp guests! We thank them for their hard work, positive attitude and commitment to everyone’s safety.
Save the Date for our 2021 tournament!
June 22, 2021 at Whitemarsh Valley Country Club
Congratulations to the Winners!
- Net Results
1st Place: Gary Brown, David Walbrandt, Lisa Perry, Megan McLaughlin
2nd Place: Debbie Hassan, Nance Dicciani, Sarah Ford, Patti Connolly
3rd Place: Brendan Nemec, Michael Meginniss, Christopher Lewis, Mark Glidden
4th Place: John Wert, Michael Zisman, Sherry Wert, Linda Gamble
- Gross Results
1st Place: Mike Petro, Steve Thorne, Tom Holden, Robert Kleckner
2nd Place: Francis Vaughn, Judy Owens, Richard Owens, Patti Owens
- Skill Prizes
Longest Drive: Collin Gordinier / Alta Hamilton
Closest to the Pin: Brendan Nemec / Megan Leinweber
- 2020 Raffle:
$10,000 Grand Prize: Sharon Byrne
$750 Second Prize: Carl Gordinier
$250 Third Prize: Ellen Lordi
Thank You to Our 2020 Sponsors!
- Lead Sponsor: Bryn Mawr Trust
- Live Scoring Sponsor: Zisman Family Foundation
- Lunch Sponsor: Univest
- Hole Sponsors: AK and Tom Frazier, Alta and Peter Hamilton, Owens & Dowling, Stefanie and Chris Thompson, William and Mary Ann Walter, Dunleavy & Associates, The Haverford Trust Company, Independence Blue Cross, Penn Mutual
- Tee Sponsors: The Hollander Family, Wendy and Mark Kennedy, GSL & Associates at Merrill Lynch, PGA Reach
- Non-Playing Hole Sponsors: Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP, Diversified Search, Elizabeth H. Gemmill, Goddard Systems, David Hilton, Stoney Bank Nurseries, WAWA
- Individual Playing Sponsors: Liz Greco-Rocks, Hon. M. Joseph Rocks, KPMG, LLP
- Hole-in-One Sponsor: Mercedes-Benz